Monday, June 13, 2011

Just show me what YOU have...

As I previously posted, I am getting a lot of pre-audition actor introductions.   And, I love meeting the auditionees beforehand.  So, feel free to keep the introductions coming... send your resumes, photos, questions!  I love talking 'Streetcar' right now! 

Honestly, what I love about auditioning such a classic show is seeing each actor's interpretation of such well-known characters, watching an actor grow from the first reading of an audition scene to the final scene they read for me.  What I really want to see is what YOU have, what you can bring to the stage, what your vision of the character is.  These characters are human... they must, fundamentally, show all levels of emotion and humanity.  They will be developed from your personality, so who you are and what you have to offer are what I am looking for on audition night.  Yes, of course, I need to see the 3 Actor Tools in play:  Voice (are diction, articulation and projection strong),  Mind (is the actor able to visualize a character and 'live' their life on stage),  and Body (can they move and give me appropriate motivated action)... and can they tie it all together. 


Many are asking what I am looking for in certain characters, what kind of dialect, what physical features, how I want certain lines delivered, what they can do to make their audition stand out... I have to say -- it won't be that easy to get that kind of information out of me.  ;)  I don't want to see a finished product on audition night!  I will, however, leave clues to what I would ultimately like to see in the final production, here on this page.  Each day or two, I will post some of my thoughts on one of the characters.    So, keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment